So I didn’t blog yesterday because I was exhausted! I passed out at 9 and woke up at 8. Too many late nights of finishing this book. And I did finish about 3pm yesterday! I’m thrilled. Now I’m just re-reading and editing before I submit it.
Let’s see, first my news…
1. I’m still at #2 at Samhain (really, I expect to get booted any day now)
2. I found out Dangerous Grounds will be featured in the Fall 2008 IPS Season Catalog
3. I got rear ended this morning (not such good news, but I’m okay and no real damage to the car)
4. My daughter gave her binkies away to my friend’s newborn (she only used them at night, but gahd it was embarrassing that she still even had one!!
5. Tonight I’m attending a two hour talk by Blake Synder on story structure as it relates to romance novels. He’s the author of “Save the Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need.” (Totally excited for this!) He’s coming out to talk to our local chapter.
Now onto good news for two of my fellow Naughty and Spice girls. Ms. Lillian Feisty just made a super fabulous book deal that she’ll be sharing with the world shortly (or already has in some forums!) And Karen Erickson has her first book at Ellora’s Cave out today Garnet-Virgin Jewels.
Congrats to both of you gals!
Here’s a peek at Karen’s book, you should check it out! It’s guaranteed to get your blood flowing ;)
Garnet – Virgin Jewels By Karen Erickson
The Virgin’s Blood necklace is legendary. Simple in appearance, it wields a sexual power only its true owners can experience.
Hannah doesn’t understand why the newest acquisition at her family’s jewelry store makes her ache so deliciously. When Colin visits the shop and tells the necklace’s erotic tale, Hannah’s further enflamed — for the necklace and the man.
Borrowing the necklace, she has mind-blowing sex with Colin, the power of the stones overwhelming. But for normally shy Hannah, the experience is bittersweet. Her alluring aggressiveness isn’t real — it’s the Virgin’s Blood Jewels. She can’t keep the necklace, and fears she’ll lose Colin without it. But Colin knows more about the jewels than he’s telling.