Favorite movie lines Sunday
A couple weeks back we were discussing 80’s movies on Naughty and Spice, and it made me think of another great 80’s flick.
So without further ado, here’s a great line from an 80’s classic.
Ray, when someone asks you if you’re a god, you say “YES”!
Two good things also came about yesterday. The Seahawks won their first game in the playoffs, and Dangerous Grounds just hit #9 on the MBaM Best Seller list at Samhain! Thanks again to everyone who has bought my book! It means a lot to have such support, and I hope you enjoy the story!
So yesterday was my first RWA meeting serving as President! It was great, although I was still a little scattered from my week that I could have done better. Next month. I do have a fabulous, FABULOUS new board and Vice President whom is so on the ball
Our guest speaker was Mary Buckham and she spoke on Goal Setting in the New Year. She was wonderful and I thought I’d share a few things I learned from her (they may not be exact quotes since I tend to take terrible notes and can barely read my own handwriting–hence the reason my stint as Secretary was so brief!).
- Write goals down and refer back to them
- Action produces results
- How you feel about something, is how you interpret what happens to you (love this one!)
- I choose how I feel and act based on how I perceive life (kind of in the same vein as above).
- A no (rejection) is the fist step to a yes.
- What actions can you take today to shape your ultimate destiny.
- Focus one hour a day on what you want out of life.
- Keep yourself up and energized/focused. Or find a ‘change group’ that will help you do it.
- Don’t settle for a critique group/friends that tell you it’s okay to give up or stop sending out a book. You want someone who will “Bitch slap you,” (straight from Mary’s mouth!)
Oh, and on a final note, the new website is still coming! We had to switch hosting which we didn’t realize took a few day to do. So once my old host approves the switch, we’ll be ready to upload the new site!!